by Glenn Beck
'Iraqi War: Part Deux'
What the liberal whiners say:
'Well, we're coming to the end of Bush's illegal war for oil. It won't be long now before we can bring our troops home, once and for all.'
'I doubt they'd even understand it...Bush has loaded down our military with a bunch of high school dropouts!'
'Oh, OK...it's just the MINORITIES then. Bush sends all the Blacks and Hispanics to Iraq so his own whitey daughters won't have to go!'
'Don't dodge the issue! You know what I mean. Minorities have NO OPPORTUNITIES in this country, so they have to join the military.'
'Right, they're just the ones doing all the DYING in Iraq!'
Your winning, logical, reasoned arguments
1. If you're insinuating that Barack Obama is going to be elected and then bring the troops home immediately, maybe it would interest you to know that Obama secretly tried to negotiate with Iraqi leader Al Malicki to WAIT until after the election to decide on any U.S. troop draw-down, apparently so that he could get credit for it. That seems like someone playing politics with our troops to me. I wonder how they'd feel about that?
2. Our troops are our best and brightest. Just over 1% of our troops lack a high school degree. In the general population with 18-24 year olds, it's 21%! Our militray is much better educated than their peers.
3. First of all, do you realize that our military is VOLUNTEER? Bush doesn't force ANYONE to join the military...thus, the word "volunteer" appears before our military.
4. Wrong again. The facts simply do not support the belief that many American soldiers volunteer because society offers them few opportunities. The average enlisted person or officer could have had lucrative career opportunities in the private sector. Also minorities are actually underrepresented in the military.
5. You're still batting ZERO. White troops have accounted for almost 70% of the deaths in Iraq. That exceeds their "active duty" percentage.