"What takes the place of experience in Obama is his fluency or glibness. Infatuated with his own oratory, his demagogic slogan CHANGE, like his stupefying chant YES WE CAN, appeals to youth, to people lacking knowledge of the adamant and harsh realities of international politics, people mindless of history and the enormity of evil confronting civilization."
--from the following report
by Prof. Paul Eidelberg
Part I: Obama
1. Senator Barack Obama uttered the dumbest statement of the century: “My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you’ll join with me as we try to change it.”
2. Obama recently said in Berlin that he speaks not only as an American citizen, but as a “citizen of the world.” Is Obama in truth a patriotic American? After all, he refrained from putting his hand on his heart when the Pledge of Allegiance was recited in public.
3. In Dreams of My Father, he wrote: “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.” This suggests that Obama is an anti-Caucasian “citizen of the world.”
4. In the same book Obama said: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race.” Further evidence that this “citizen of the world” may be a closet racist. For 20 years he attended the “God-damn-America” sermons of Jeremiah Wright.
5. In Audacity of Hope Obama wrote: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.” It seems Obama never learned that Muslims—to say nothing of blacks—were preeminent in the African slave trade.
6. In his whirlwind visit to Israel, Obama revealed abysmal ignorance of the region. Alluding to the Six-Day War of 1967, when Israel, in a war of self-defense, gained or regained Judea, Samaria, and the Golan Heights. Obama admitted to Jerusalem Post editor David Horowitz that Israel might justify retaining parts of this land as a security buffer, but, he added, “[the Israelis] got to consider whether getting that buffer is worth the antagonism of the other party.”
7. In these words Obama revealed his fallacious assumption that the core of the Israel-Arab conflict is territorial, not ideological. He dismisses stark evidence that a large majority of the Arab Palestinians refuse to accept Israel’s existence in any borders. A majority of these Arabs supports suicide attacks against the Jews. They believe that to die when killing Jews is the greatest good! The Quran exalts the Muslim who “slays and is slain” for Allah (Sura 9:111).
8. What shall we say of Arabs who use their children as human bombs? Daniel Pipes said it would take at least two generations to overcome the murderous hatred of these Arabs. Is Obama unaware of former Muslims like Syrian-born Dr. Wafa Sultan, Sudanese-born Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and Egyptian-born Nonie Darwish who denounced Islam as uncivilized?
9. Obama has chosen Middle East advisers like Zbigniev Brzezinski and Lee Hamilton who trivialize the theological nature of the Islamic threat confronting the United States. Like any see-no-evil, hear-no-evil, and speak-no-evil pundit, he is incapable addressing, realistically, the dangerous consequences of a precipitous American retreat from Iraq and the threat of a nuclear Iran. Despite five years of futile negotiations with Iran, he advocates a Chamberlain approach to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Hitler of Tehran.
10. Posing as a “realist,” however, he would have the U.S. refocus on Afghanistan rather than on Iraq. Hs preoccupation with imagery has trivialized his mentality. Unlike Afghanistan, a poor, landlocked nation, Iraq has enormous oil resources and overlooks the sea lanes of the Persian Gulf. If Iraq were to fall apart by a premature US withdrawal, Iran would step in, and an axis of evil would be formed encompassing Iran, Iraq, Syria, and a Hezbollah-dominated Lebanon.
11. Does this would-be president understand that a nuclear-armed Iran would dominate the Middle East as well as pacifist Europe on which the economy and way of life of the United States ultimately depend? But what is to be expected of a neophyte who has been in the Senate only since 2005, and has spent most of 2007 and 2008 running for president? His lack of experience in national and in international affairs makes him unfit to be President of the United States, the most complex decision-making office on planet earth.
12. What takes the place of experience in Obama is his fluency or glibness. Infatuated with his own oratory, his demagogic slogan CHANGE, like his stupefying chant YES WE CAN, appeals to youth, to people lacking knowledge of the adamant and harsh realities of international politics, people mindless of history and the enormity of evil confronting civilization,
13. An Obama presidency would be a disaster for America and Israel.
Part II: Israel’s Ruling Elites
1. In June 2005, Ehud Olmert told a New York audience: “We, we are tired of being courageous … we are tired of defeating our enemies, we want … them to be our friends …” No wonder Israel suffered a fiasco a year later in the Second Lebanon War!
2. Olmert’s folly reminds us of Shimon Peres, who once said that by withdrawing from Judea and Samaria, Israel will have more Ph.D.s per square kilometer—yes, and more idiots per square kilometer. Proof: Mr. Peres applied for Israel’s membership in the Arab League!
3. That Olmert is Israel’s prime minister and that Peres is Israel’s president is indicative of a country suffering from a terminal disease, as I will now show in another way.
4. According to sections 97, 99 and 100 of Israel Penal Law, any official that surrenders or expresses the intention to surrender Jewish land is prima facie guilty of treason. This implicates Israel’s last six prime ministers and dozens of cabinet minister. Yet no Knesset member has formally petitioned the Attorney General to have any of these officials indicted for treason. A commentary on the intellectual integrity of MKs who pose as “Zionists.”
5. Surely, these politicians could at least demand the abrogation of the Oslo or Israel-PLO Agreement. They know the PLO has violated this agreement countless times. What proof is needed after PLO chief Yasser Arafat openly waged war against Israel in September 2000—a war that has resulted in the murder and maiming of thousands of Jews by PLO terrorists. Yet Israel’s reputedly rightwing politicians have not called for the abrogation of Oslo!
6. Unless reputedly Zionist parties like the Likud, Mafdal (the National Religious Party), National Union, Israel Beiteinu publicly demand the abrogation of Oslo and reject an Arab Palestinian state, it is futile to call for their forming a united bloc to liberate Israel from the tyranny of the Left.
7. These same parties signed the coalition agreement of the 2003 Sharon Government, which bound them to Oslo. None has displayed the courage of their Zionist convictions, else they would not support the idea of submitting the fate of the Golan Heights and of Judea and Samaria to a national referendum. Besides, since when does a majority—even if it amounted to more than 80 percent have the right to violate the unalienable rights of a minority?
8. How can any Zionist with a stitch of integrity support a referendum that might result in the loss of Jewish land? If Jews dedicated to Eretz Israel lose in that referendum, the government will have a democratic license to order soldiers to expel men, women, and children from their homes, and the timid and heartless among these soldiers will obey.
9. The (incremental) exodus of 100,000 to 200,000 Jews from Judea and Samaria will demoralize the country. How many Jews will want to remain in this country? How many Jews will make aliya to a country now more than ever exposed to missile attacks like Sderot?
10. As Jews leave, the percentage of Israel’s Arab citizens will increase. The democratic principle of one adult-one vote will bring more subversive Arabs into the Knesset. A national referendum, therefore, could be the coffin of the Jewish state. How ironic that this may happen under the façade of democracy!
* Edited transcript of the Eidelberg Report, Israel National Radio, August 11, 2008.